Skip to main content

Ras Kass - Home Sweet Home


"Home sweet Home" was supposed to be the lead single for Ras Kass's 1999 unreleased Album "Von Gogh." The Alchemist produced the beat for Ras Kass but only received the first half of the payment for the beat, Ras Kass' record label was ignoring him when Alchemist was asking for the second half of the payment. Alchemist later informed Ras Kass that he sold the beat to Jadakiss because Alchemist couldn't get a hold of Ras Kass or his label. Jadakiss would then go on to record "We Gonna Make It" over the same beat, on his 2001 release, "Kiss Tha Game Goodbye"



Download link: Ras Kass- Home Sweet Home

Now the question I have for ya'll out there is which version in your opinion is better?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Royal Flush Ft Noreaga - Iced Down Medallions

This record was a street banger back in 1997, Royal Flush released his debut album "Ghetto Millionaire" which is another classic in my opinion with tight productions from E.Z. Elpee, Hi-Tek, and Buckwild. Before his debut album, he had various features on  Mic Geronimo's , " The Natural," another classic album. Download link:  Iced Down Medallions

Still sharp as steel

Whats good my fellow hip hop headz! It's been awhile, well more like years since I last shared some of the songs I enjoyed  listening to over the years. This time around I am going to do this differently and share my library of music I have and bless ya'll with that classic hip hop!

Souls Of Mischief - 93 'till Infinity

A hip hop group from Oakland, California, that is also part of the hip hop collective Hieroglyphics. 93 'til Infinity is often heralded as the best album to come out of the West. I loved the production on this album as well thanks in part to rapper/producer Domino and Del the Funky Homosapien. It brought that funk and jazz sound to the music. Til this day I listen to the album.