I had this track on repeat when I had it on a one of my many mixtapes, it's sad that now Beanie is no longer cool with Jay-Z however while on The Roc, beanie made a few banging records. Oh by the way that's Kanye West who made this beat.
Straight of out Philly, Last Emperor was one of the early acts that signed to Dre's label Aftermath Records, releasing his underground hit Secret Wars 1 and 2. This was a very creative song at the time, being that I am hip hop fanatic and I love Marvel comics (yeah I am a nerd) This is for those hip hop/comic book lovers out there. Download link: Secret War pt 1 Download link : Secret Wars pt 2 Here is a link to a cool interview with Last Emperor dated a few years back in 2003.... Last Emperor - "Rhyme Wars: The Emperor Strikes Back"
Comments
Post a Comment